My system has been freezing from time to time, today it became totally unresponsive even after a restart. I saw many services failing in the boot loading process.
After checking the disk I found that /var was at 100%, checking the logs we must thank Chrome for such disgrace:
ERROR:cmd_buffer_helper.cc(139) ContextResult::KFatalFailure CommandBufferHelper::AllocateRingBuffer() failed
Searching for this error only lead me to an unanswered thread on the ubuntu-mate community.
I’ve changed some settings to see if I have luck with this problem:
- Themes (Use Classic not GTK+)
- Use a webservice to help resolve navigation errors (now disabled)
- Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly (now disabled)
- Automatically send some system information and page content to Google to help detect dangerous apps and sites (now disabled)
- Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed (now disabled)
- Use hardware acceleration when available (now disabled)
I’ll update this post if things get fixed by changing this settings or not.